[CentOS] OT: Digital Video Editor for CentOS 5.2 - Suggestions?

Tue Aug 5 22:14:51 UTC 2008
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 4:36 PM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> We are finally going to replace our VHS-C  Camcorder, with a Digital
>> Camcorder, tomorrow. Looking for suggestions,
>> for Digital Video Editor to use on CentOS 5.2. Preferably, something
>> in the CentOS or RPMForge repositories and easy to use. TIA!
>
> Cinelerra.  It is very powerful, and Dag kindly added to his repo
> quite sometime ago.
>
> http://cinelerra.org/
>
> The only "problem" is that, because it is so powerful and feature
> rich, learning curve is very steep.  I have yet to learn it myself but
> I already know its capabilities through my best Linux friend who is an
> expert in video editing.

Akemi: Thank you for the recommendation and for the caveats! Sounds
like "The GIMP"
for the power and the long learning curve. We don't have Firewire so
that's not a problem.
I looked at their web site for a minute and some of the documentation
is available in
Spanish, which is a big plus for my wife. She can become our expert,
if we go with Cinelerra.
I'm going to try to get it with Yum now. Lanny