[CentOS] OT: Digital Video Editor for CentOS 5.2 - Suggestions?

Tue Aug 5 23:17:26 UTC 2008
Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de>

Am 06.08.2008 um 01:00 schrieb Lanny Marcus:

> John: Thank you. I'm not sure how we will capture the video from the
> camera. If it's
> via Firewire, I will need to buy something to install in one of our
> PCs.... Last resort is doing
> it on Windows XP, with whatever comes with that or is available free..

Only Macs come with a good, free DV-Editor (iMovie), IIRC.
Some people claim the Mac is worth iMovie alone - but I don't know, I
only do digital still-pictures.

With the Mac, there would at least be a Unix underneath. ;-)

One thing: my co-worker has a PC he edits videos with where he
disables antivirus stuff during the edit.
He said he really only got on the internet once in that state
(antivirus disabled) - but that was enough to infect the PC so he had
to spend hours to clean it up.
If you can do it with kinodv - good for you.
Otherwhise, consider getting a Mac, if your time is worth something....

Rainer