[CentOS] Help: Server security compromised?

Wed Aug 6 17:54:28 UTC 2008
Sorin Srbu <sorin.srbu at gmail.com>

From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf
Of Noob Centos Admin
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 5:31 PM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] Help: Server security compromised?

Thanks Steward and Robert for those suggestions, they make plenty of sense!.

About the two SSH terminal, if I activate a wrong firewall change that blocks
the SSH port, would it not also terminate the existing terminals since new
packets going in would be rejected, or does it not affect already established
TCP connections?

Probably also going to make a script to shutdown the firewall as well as one
for reboot. Since so far all 3 times my noobness involves firewalling myself
out, although in a slightly different way each time!

Seen this?

http://www.askbjoernhansen.com/2007/09/18/safely_change_firewall_rules_remotel
y.html