[CentOS] rebuilding the kernel.

Sat Aug 9 20:16:40 UTC 2008
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 12:29 PM, Jancio Wodnik <jancio_wodnik at wp.pl> wrote:
> Yahia Tachwali pisze:

>> to check for hdlc module but I could not find it... I guess I am missing
>> something to activate my new settings in the menuconfig.  Is there a way to
>> verify that my new settings active!! Does any body know about the HDLC
>> modules loading in the 2.6.9. Please advise. And thank you all for your
>> help.
>
> As i remember: hdlc is build not as module, it is core kernel module, not
> module to load by modprobe - so in menuconfig is [*] with hdlc not [M] as
> module.
>
> But maybe i'm wrong.

Just to expand this a bit...

Go to Device Drivers -> Networking support -> Wan interfaces -> Wan
interface support (y or n only).

In the 'Wan interface support' menu, check 'Generic HDLC layer' (y, n, or M).

Inside the 'Generic HDLC layer', there are a few support options (y or n)

The above layout is for CentOS-5, but CentOS-5 is similar.  Hope this helps,

Akemi