[CentOS] Writable Centos LiveCD on Embeded Linux?

Sun Aug 10 19:25:23 UTC 2008
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 1:19 PM, Oliver Schulze L. <oliver at samera.com.py> wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
> I read about the overlay feature in Fedora9, but I don't know if when the
> changes
> to the FS are so big (like going from 5.1 to 5.2) the overlay will grow and
> grow
> over time. And the overlay solution will require too much space.

For the live Cd that is about your only choise. The overlay will not
grow.. it will eventually fill up, but if you are making that many
changes in an embedded environment you really need to think about why
you aren't doing a complete reflush of the SSD

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux