[CentOS] gcc editor for newbie (Emacs or vim or ?)

Sun Aug 10 23:19:00 UTC 2008
Nifty Cluster Mitch <niftycluster at niftyegg.com>

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 05:04:16PM -0500, Lanny Marcus wrote:

> I downloaded the .pdf version of "Thinking in C++" and I've
> begun to read that and I did
> yum groupinstall 'Development Tools'   I'm a Newbie Desktop
> user, jumping into the deep end of the pool. Should I try to learn
> vi (Vim) (which obviously will help me, if I ever need to
> administer a remote box)  or install Emacs or something else,
> for the gcc editor?  An easy learning curve is strongly preferred,
> but, I am 100% aware of the advantages of vi. Recommendations?
> TIA!

gvim

There is almost no pain if you stick with gvim (vim).
The help is full of helpfull stuff, the mouse works,
syntax and keyword aware....

You might also look at Eclipse.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l