[CentOS] gcc editor for newbie (Emacs or vim or ?) [Going OT]

Mon Aug 11 17:38:37 UTC 2008
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 11:38 AM, William L. Maltby
<CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 11:04 -0500, Lanny Marcus wrote:
>> <snip>
>
>> Vi or vim. I think Emacs would just cloud my mind, when I'm trying to absorb
>> C++    Lanny
>
> If you have C experience, it'll be quick once you get your head around
> constructors, destructors, inheritance, templates (I never did enough of
> that to get it), et al.
>
> It essentially implements a bunch of things we used to do as functions,
> libraries or modules when we recognized a strong re-usability potential,
> and formalizes all that to the object oriented model.
>
> Good luck on it and I know you'll enjoy it once you see results.

Thanks! Not much C experience. I'm an old Assembly Language guy. Trying to
enter the 21st century now. C++ is a lot to learn and it looks like a
lot of it has to do with
the way things are done in OOP. The book is very long (878 pages) but
well regarded.