[CentOS] Suggestion on Network Management software with troubleticket system

Tue Aug 12 01:14:08 UTC 2008
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

Fajar Priyanto wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm looking for a network management software. And as the network grows
> it clearly becomes that manual notes is getting too tedious. Also an
> integrated troube ticketing systemm would be great.
> Any reference is really appreciated.

For managing my "network" of servers(assuming what you mean since
your posting to a CentOS list and not a network equipment list),
I use CFengine to manage them(www.cfengine.org). Puppet(t?) is also
increasing in popularity as well(don't know the web site and doing
a google search didn't come up with anything obvious).

For a ticketing system I suggest Request Tracker(RT)
(http://www.bestpractical.com/rt).

For monitoring I use a combination of an extremely customized
cacti[collects 10+ million points a day](www.cacti.net) and
Nagios(www.nagios.org).

For documentation I highly recommend confluence
(http://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/).

nate