[CentOS] Sendmail with TLS, permission problem - SOLVED

Tue Aug 12 10:35:44 UTC 2008
Jussi Hirvi <greenspot at greenspot.fi>

Now I stumble on another problem (not fatal). I think it's only relevant to
dual-MTA setups (separate Sendmail daemons for receiving and transmitting
mail).

I don't find a way to enable STARTTLS (for the receiving sm-daemon) while at
the same time running the receiving daemon with the unprivileged user smmsp.
That is, I cannot use

    define(`confRUN_AS_USER', `smmsp:smmsp')dnl

in my thishost-rx.mc.

If someone knows a solution to this, please let me know. Otherwise I will
just sacrifice the extra security provided by smmsp, and run the receiving
Sendmail with the default user policy (started as root, confDEF_USER_ID is
mail:mail).

- Jussi

--
Jussi Hirvi * Green Spot
Topeliuksenkatu 15 C * 00250 Helsinki * Finland