[CentOS] can't get Ethernet SNMP information

Wed Aug 13 19:02:16 UTC 2008
Marc Grimme <grimme at atix.de>

Hi,
I didn't follow the whole thread but had the same problem when using net-snmp
with bridges (an I see peth0 and that rang the bell). The problem seems to be
that net-snmp does not like nics with same ips (I didn't find very much on
that topic). You should see some errors from net-snmp in the syslogs of your
managed servers. What does your syslog say?

I solved it by changing the bridge configuration from the scripts provided by
xen /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge to using ifcfg bridges. Then cacti could
monitor the interfaces like normal.

Hope that helps.

Regards marc.
On Wednesday 13 August 2008 20:42:30 nate wrote:
> Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> > Here's my verbose output:
>
> [..]
>
> > + Found item [ifName='lo'] index: 1 [from value]
> > + Found item [ifName='peth0'] index: 2 [from value]
> > + Found item [ifName='sit0'] index: 3 [from value]
>
> It certainly looks like cacti is finding a bunch of stuff, what
> does the status column say to the left of the green circle? For
> my test system it says -
>
> Success [24 Items, 4 Rows]
>
> When you go to the 'Create graphs for this host', do you see just
> the Header with nothing below it? (Data Query [SNMP - Interface
> Statistics])
>
> What version of cacti? Though it shouldn't matter this is a pretty
> basic thing.
>
> nate

Gruss / Regards,

Marc Grimme
Phone: +49-89 452 3538-14
http://www.atix.de/               http://www.open-sharedroot.org/

**
ATIX Informationstechnologie und Consulting AG
Einsteinstr. 10
85716 Unterschleissheim
Deutschland/Germany

Phone: +49-89 452 3538-0
Fax:   +49-89 990 1766-0

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen
Registernummer: HRB 168930
USt.-Id.: DE209485962

Vorstand:
Marc Grimme, Mark Hlawatschek, Thomas Merz (Vors.)

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Dr. Martin Buss