[CentOS] Firewall/Proxy with time window access control

Thu Aug 14 14:47:54 UTC 2008
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>

Lunix1618 wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have to setup a system that required to block users access internet in
> work time but let them access internet on specified time window e.g
> lunch time.
>
> I plan to use iptables and squid to do block and web caching but I have
> no idea how to control access on time frame. Could any one of you
> experienced with this can give some starting point /document/howto start
> reading ?
>
> My firewal/proxy box will be CentOS 5.2 so I prefer something that can
> install via yum/rpm
>
> Thanks in advance!

Use squid for that (no need to play with iptables/crontab) and create
ACLs in squid
I've done it several times to let people access games/webmail sites
during lunch time and block them during working-hours ...
--
-
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>