[CentOS] Hard disk, format, filesystem SOLVED

Sat Aug 16 08:27:38 UTC 2008
Jussi Hirvi <greenspot at greenspot.fi>

Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> escribio (15.8.2008 20:01)
> I would have just used fdisk instead of partd.  If you are adding this
> to a raid, you don't need a filesystem, just a partition of the right
> size.  The contents are going to be wiped by the raid sync anyway.

Thanks for comment. Fdisk was recommended me by another experienced user
too, so there is probably a good reason. Though I don't know, what's wrong
with using parted.

BTW, this problem partition was not the raid1 partition, but a copy of the
boot partition on the startup disk. In case the boot disk ever fails, I hope
I can make the 2nd disk bootable by just installing grub.

- Jussi

--
Jussi Hirvi  *  Green Spot
Topeliuksenkatu 15 C  *  00250 Helsinki  *  Finland