[CentOS] Disabling IPv4

Tue Aug 19 04:01:00 UTC 2008
Barry Brimer <lists at brimer.org>

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> Barry Brimer wrote:

>>> I did that and rebooted.
>>>
>>> Then did a ifconfig and lo is still showing an inet address of 127.0.0.1
>>>
>>> and I can ping 127.0.0.1
>>>
>>> So that tends to imply that ipv4 is still running.
>>
>> I would agree with you.
>>
>> Have you tried setting ONBOOT=no in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-lo
>> ??
> No, but I do want iPv6 loopback, so I need something working for ifcfg-lo
>
> Will try some more tomorrow....

Maybe you can try removing IPADDR and NETMASK and adding:

IPV6INIT=yes
IPV6ADDR=::1

The complete documentation for the ifcfg files is in :
/usr/share/doc/initscripts-*/sysconfig.txt

There is a log of other documentation in this file as well .. I would just
search for ifcfg once inside the file.

Hope this helps,

Barry