[CentOS] USB Drive is detected and but the device "/dev/sda1" is not initialized

Tue Aug 19 12:03:12 UTC 2008
Marcelo Roccasalva <marcelo-centos at irrigacion.gov.ar>

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 6:25 AM, Balaji <balajisundar at midascomm.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
>   I have using CentOS 4.4 and My PC USB Drive is detected and
>   but the device "/dev/sda1" is not initialized and i have executed the
>   dmesg command and I am getting the following messages
>     usb 1-6: new high speed USB device using address 2
>   SCSI subsystem initialized
>   Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
>   scsi0 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
>     Vendor: JetFlash  Model: TS1GJFV30         Rev: 8.07
>     Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 02
>   USB Mass Storage device found at 2
>   usbcore: registered new driver usb-storage
>   USB Mass Storage support registered.
>   SCSI device sda: 1986558 512-byte hdwr sectors (1017 MB)
>   sda: Write Protect is off
>   sda: Mode Sense: 03 00 00 00
>   sda: assuming drive cache: write through
>   SCSI device sda: 1986558 512-byte hdwr sectors (1017 MB)
>   sda: Write Protect is off
>   sda: Mode Sense: 03 00 00 00
>   sda: assuming drive cache: write through
>   sda:
>   Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0

Maybe it's not partitioned. Have you tried to mount /dev/sda?

--
Marcelo

"¿No será acaso que ésta vida moderna está teniendo más de moderna que
de vida?" (Mafalda)