[CentOS] Re: centos on intel D945GCLF board

Tue Aug 19 16:15:50 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 8-19-2008 6:22 AM � spake the following:
> Hi,
> I am trying to install centos on the intel D945GCLF board. It's a
> mini-ITX board with the atom processor and it uses the Realtek RTL8102EL
> LAN chipset. When I disable the on-board LAN card it installs  and runs
> OK, but when I enable it, I get kernel panic at boot.
> The board runs perfectlj with Fedora 9 (with the latest kernel) or with
> Ubuntu server.
>
> My question is: is there some way to run centos on this board (test
> kernel, i can try for example)?
Sometimes it is just easier to "run what works" then to try and beat CentOS
into submission.
That is the biggest negative with an enterprise distro. They just don't run
100% on the latest hardware all the time. That is why when you buy true server
hardware they don't have the newest chipsets and the latest network and video.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and