[CentOS] RE: Adaptec 2820 & 2gig+ partitions

Wed Aug 20 23:23:46 UTC 2008
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

Brian Marshall wrote:
> The controller is 8 channel SATA 300. That's not the problem. The
> problem is getting the OS to mount a 4TB array after the initial
> install of the OS. We had a 1.5 TB on there for a few years and never
> had this problem with arrays under 2 TB.
>
> The os installer can create a partition and format during the install,
> but once it's done and reboots it can't mount the device.

What I'd do is create multiple smaller logical volumes on the raid
controller(smaller than 2TB) and export them to the OS that way, instead
of making one big one. Most good raid controllers allow you to create
logical volumes out of a larger physical volume.

nate