[CentOS] Is there a way to save the routing table permanently?

Fri Aug 22 13:57:17 UTC 2008
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

Rob Townley wrote:
> Are you sure this is actually processed?  Do you have a working example for
> CentOS 4.x or 5.x?  One that works with two NICS that would use two
> different gateways to the internet?  I would like nothing more to get this
> to work in a streamlined fashion.

Two default gateways in linux do not work as one might
expect. You need to do fancy stuff with the iproute2 command.

The static-routes file works fine for, static routes. Multiple gateways
is more complex then just telling the system you have them, the
system by default will use the first one available.

This article looks informative, though I've never done multiple
gateways on linux before, I always do one gateway, to a real
router(or layer 3 switch) and then do the routing from there.

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7291

nate