[CentOS] Yum Issues with Dev groups

Fri Aug 22 16:02:38 UTC 2008
Joseph L. Casale <JCasale at activenetwerx.com>

>which xen rpms did you install? The ones from centos, or the ones from
>xensource?

Rolled my own from the 3.2.0 srpm.

>Generally when building for x86_64, it's best to remove all traces of
>x86 packages on the system.

How do you do this at install? Wouldn't that be cleaner? I suppose a
rpm command with a --queryformat ARCH string would list all that is x86
and I couild pipe that into a remove command? Any ideas on how to do this
cleanly?

>If you're doing some cross-compiling
>(building x86 on x86_64) then it's far easier to use a build utility
>like mock which creates your environment for you in a separate area.
>While it requires a bunch more space, it produces 'clean' rpms which
>are untainted by any strays packages or source installed bits you may
>have on the system.

I have to learn more about mock, I just a trivial build root...

Thanks!
jlc