[CentOS] OT: Google Earth, v.4.3.7284.3916 (beta) on CentOS 5.2 (32 bit)

Sat Aug 23 22:20:46 UTC 2008
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 2:24 PM, Robert <kerplop at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> All I can say is, thanks for being confused.
> I have hated the 4.3.something ver of googleearth since I first installed
> it. Based on your investigation, I realized that ver 4.3 isn't supposed to
> work with my Athlon XP 2600+ and didn't look back in getting all the ver 4.3
> stuff replaced with 4.2.0205.5730.
>
> Amazingly, I did not find the older version on their site when I initially
> installed 4.3.
<snip>
Robert: Cool..... Since you wrote that you hated the 4.3 version, I'll
pass on that one and
I will try to look before I leap, before upgrading google earth
again...  :-)   On my Desktop, the 4.3 version
launched, but it didn't seem to get any data from the google server(s)
and most of the boxes
were grayed out. The first time I installed google earth was last
December, so my daughter
could use NORAD's Santa tracking site. That version worked perfectly.  Lanny