[CentOS] USB drive detected, but nothing gets mounted.

Sun Aug 24 01:18:15 UTC 2008
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 11:30 AM, Anne Wilson
<cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:

> It was a small aside about the way that devices do/don't announce themselves,
> and the difficulties that OSs sometimes have in recognising them.  I freely
> admit that although I've had the monitor for at least 6 months now I haven't
> tested to see whether the DV input is now supported in the kernel, so I don't
> know whether it is a driver problem or the 'announce' problem.
>
> It's not significant, in detail terms, to the thread, but there is some
> correlation.

It might have something to do with your video card - not all of them
have drivers that are flexible or considerate enough to just switch
from one port to the other.  Mine's an nvidia geForce 7100gs, and I am
using the nvidia driver (not sure if I rebooted to the rpmforge one or
am still running the nvidia original yet or not) but they seem to be
rather accommodating.

HTH.

mhr