[CentOS] postfix install error: fatal file /etc/postfix/main.cf: parameter setgid_group: unknown group name: postdrop

Tue Aug 26 14:41:49 UTC 2008
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

Rainer Traut wrote:

> No NIS or LDAP, plain local files.

I haven't tried CentOS 5.2 yet(keep seeing reports of issues),
postfix in 5.1 worked fine for me and in 4.x. I suggest just
adding the group manually and removing/re-installing the
postfix rpm. Perhaps there is a bug in the 5.2 RPM that
doesn't add the group correctly for some reason.

What I'd probably do is just copy/paste the postdrop entry from
the other system's /etc/group file to the system that doesn't
have it.

I use the same password/group/shadow files across CentOS 4, 5,
and FC8 (and in the past FC4, and FC5) so the UIDs/GIDs are
pretty compatible.

nate