[CentOS] Re: YumRepo Warning: not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping - 5 is not a valid release or hasnt been released yet

Tue Aug 26 16:06:13 UTC 2008
Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers at gmail.com>

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 5:13 PM, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:

>> Hi Ralph,
>>
>> That is one full line:
>>
>> #mirrorlist=
>> http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=addons<
>> http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=addons
>> >

>> But as you can see, it's commented out, so it shouldn't even be read,
>> right?
>>
>>  What does your mirrors directory structure look like?
> If you browse to http://192.168.10.10/repo/centos5/5/os
> Does it resolve properly?
> Is the Centos directory the next level down?
>

> --

Hey Ralph,

Now that I read your email, I think I see the error.

I have now changed the URL's to look like this:
http://192.168.10.11/repo/centos5/x86_64/updates &
http://192.168.10.11/repo/centos5/x86_64/os

I still get the same error though. When I browse to that folder with Lynx, I
can see all the RPM's for that folder - which looks like this:
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5/updates/x86_64/RPMS/
--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers