[CentOS] Re: (Global/Any) setting for "show hidden files?" - SOLVED

Tue Aug 26 18:00:28 UTC 2008
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 9:24 AM, Bart Schaefer
<barton.schaefer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 8:22 AM, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
>> on 8-26-2008 4:16 AM Karanbir Singh spake the following:
>>>
>>> by changing the Subject line, and not retaining the reply-to context in
>>> the mailheaders, you end up creating a new thread each time. so can you not
>>> do that please ?
>>
>> Gmail also seems to sometimes munge the threading headers.
>
> If you click the "Edit Subject" link in gmail, it discards the other
> threading headers.  Gmail will only let you continue a thread if you
> leave the subject unchanged.
>
> This does prevent the oft-seen complaint about people using the
> "reply" action to start a new thread.

Strange - I used to do that (edit the subject, in gmail) to start a
new thread and it did not do the right thing either.

I don't do that any more, but yowch!

(heavy sigh, Orcan smile)

mhr