[CentOS] Re: restarting static-routes-ipv6

Tue Aug 26 23:21:19 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 8-26-2008 3:57 PM Robert Moskowitz spake the following:
> I want to change the contents of my /etc/sysconfig/static-routes-ipv6
> and NOT restart the network.
>
> Is there a way to do this???
Change the routes in /etc/sysconfig/static-routes-ipv6 then manually add them
with the route command.
Example from route man page;

  For IPv6, only the slash format is accepted.  The  following
      example creates an IPv6 route to the destination 33fe:: with
      a netmask of 16 one-bits followed by 112 zero-bits.

      example# route add -inet6 3ffe::/16 somegateway

      In cases where the gateway does not  uniquely  identify  the
      output  interface (for example, when several interfaces have
      the same address), you can use the -ifp ifname  modifier  to
      specify the interface by name. For example, -ifp lo0 associ-
      ates the route with the lo0 interface.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and