[CentOS] slow Perl on CentOS 5

Wed Aug 27 08:39:44 UTC 2008
Karanbir Singh <kbsingh at centos.org>

Akemi Yagi wrote:
> should explore the problem further with TUV and the CentOS
> community. If a fix is not forthcoming from TUV, I reluctantly suggest
> that we get together with the CentOS people and fork this portion of
>  the distro, perhaps standardizing on Perl 5.10 . There are people
> in the Perl community ready to assist us.

While forking the whole perl subsection of the distro is a bit drastic,
I am quite happy to have a perl in C5Plus. Does someone want to get in
touch with Keith and get a summary on what needs fixing in this case ?
Also - if the conversation was to take place on centos-devel list, would
be much cooler.

Upstream have said the fix will be in 5U3, and considering that might be
still a few months away, could we get something sorted before then ?

( questions, since I dont use perl myself )

--
Karanbir Singh
CentOS Project { http://www.centos.org/ }
irc: z00dax, #centos at irc.freenode.net