[CentOS] Re: Curmudgeoning (was Re: Problems with writing Dual Layer DVD)

Sun Aug 31 09:03:23 UTC 2008
Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com>

On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 10:51 -0500, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
> On Thu, August 28, 2008 17:50, Scott Silva wrote:
> > <snip>
> >>
> >> You do realize I'm one of the "squirts" you're referring to right?
> >>  I started working with computers in more than just a 'hey, I need to
> >> write this paper' sort of way around 1995. The *first* CPU I used was
> >> a pentium (though this is not the oldest, as I developed a fondness
> >> for antiques).
> >>
> >> So you geezers can just put the token ring down, and step away from
> >> the thin-net. Oh.. and get off my lawn! :-P
>
> > I have motherboards in my garage older than you! ;-D
>
> I just took one down off the server shelf last week, finishing the
> decommissioning process.  It hasn't made it out to the garage yet.
>
> I've also still got a laptop that's probably older than him.  It runs CP/M.

I once had a pretty large collection of CP/M machines. I had three
IMSAI's. a VDP-80 and two VDP-44's. I think I had every Televideo ever
made, including the luggable and the server that ran MP/M. Altos,
Osborn, and a bunch of others. Man, think of what CP/M could do running
on a Pentium. <grins> Ric