[CentOS] question on yum-downloadonly

Steve Huff shuff at vecna.org
Mon Dec 1 11:02:56 UTC 2008

On Dec 1, 2008, at 9:57 AM, Jerry Geis wrote:

> I found yum-downloadonly and executed my command do that and save the
> dependencies in my current directory.
> Now when I execute my command:
> rpm -i mypackage
> all the dependencies are not found even though they are in the
> current directory.
> if I do a "yum install mypackage" (and its in the current directory)
> its not found either.
> How do I now install the mypackage in the current directory and look
> for all dependencies in the current directory?

here are two ways:

$ mkdir rpmtemp
$ sudo yum --downloadonly --downloaddir=./rpmtemp install <package>
$ sudo rpm -Uvh ./rpmtemp/*.rpm
$ sudo rm -rf rpmtemp

$ mkdir rpmtemp
$ sudo yum --downloadonly --downloaddir=./rpmtemp install <package>
$ sudo yum localinstall ./rpmtemp/*.rpm
$ sudo rm -rf rpmtemp

If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v