[CentOS] Two NFS issues

Olaf Mueller daily-planet at istari.de
Mon Dec 1 14:08:32 UTC 2008

Russell Miller wrote:

> directory via NFS.  To duplicate, I cd into a share in two windows,
> copy a
> 1G file in the first window, and just do an ls in the other.  The ls
> will hang until the write is done.
> Has anyone seen problems like this?  How did you solve them?
Your nfs settings could be helpful. I am using nfs4 with no such

Example settings from my /etc/exports:

Example settings from my /etc/auto.* (automount):
*       -fstype=nfs4,rw,tcp,port=2049,soft,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,nosuid

Maybe the options *async* and the settings for rsize and wsize could be
helpful for you?