[CentOS] Stop the FUD Xen is not deprecated

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Wed Dec 3 00:41:38 UTC 2008

Ross Walker wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 9:00 AM, Chan Chung Hang Christopher
> <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:
>>> Xen _hypervisor_ will not make it into the kernel, because there's no point
>>> in that. It's not part of Xen design.
>>>
>>> Linux support for Xen hypervisor is already in Linux kernel.
>>>
>> Whatever. From the last few months of testing with Xen, I really could
>> care less about running anything on it.
>>
>> I like the comfy feeling I get when I see that I have one less place to
>> hit for troubleshooting/compromising with the kvm solution.
>
> It's most obvious you have no idea what you are talking about, so if
> you prefer Ubuntu over CentOS then please move along, we need no
> trolls here.

Troll? I have been on this list for over four years. I have posted under
Feizhou and one or two other addresses as I moved jobs.

So I only messed with XEN in the last few months. FYI, I am using it for
DESKTOPS. Not servers. This is not a matter of preferring Ubuntu. It is
one of NO CHOICE. I know next to nothing about Debian/Ubuntu
configuration files nor am I familiar with dpkg or apt as I am with rpm
and yum. You think I want to move over for fun?

Let us see you try getting accelerated 3D/video support for X and Xen
working together and then add a multi-seat configuration on top of that.

Sorry you don't like my complaining that I cannot do this or that on
RHEL5 for desktop purposes but I have a school to support here, not a
cluster of mail/web/storage/file servers. Troll he calls me.