[CentOS] Stop the FUD Xen is not deprecated

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Thu Dec 4 12:48:17 UTC 2008

On 2008-12-04, 00:42 GMT, Christopher Chan wrote:
> What would you pick? Learn a few new commands/configuration
> files or have to prep up a new desktop rollout every six
> months?

12 -- Fedora 8 is still pretty good and only now you would have
to switch to F10. Actually, I know about many people who skipped
F9 completely, and I don't blame them.

> I believe in using the right tool for the job. So I might pick
> OpenBSD for a firewall over Linux depending on what needs to be
> on firewall/nat gateway.

Cool. Of course, you would have to have to familiarize with the
new environment, but I guess you know that.

> RHEL/Fedora is not the ultimate answer for everything although
> we'd like it to be

I would have a question about Ubuntu LTS. What are your
experience with it? How much they really maintain it or is it (as
I suspect; note, I have on experience with it, so I am not
claiming anything) just that they throw LTS label on one of their
releases and fix security issues only?

Best,

Matěj