[CentOS] [OT] Firefox loses plugins, anyone else? Bug? Known?

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Sat Dec 6 00:11:56 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 18:41 -0500, William L. Maltby wrote:
> <snip>

Geez Louise!

Went back to the original problem desktop. Did a find plug\* -ls in
the .mozilla directory. The current pluginreg.dat was 65 bytes. Fired up
FF from the desktop, went to T'bird, clicked the link. Went to
tools->add-ons and looked at the plugins tab. EVERYTHING IS THERE NOW!

Another find shows pluginreg.dat is now 5267 bytes, the same as my saved

It's beyond me unless there's the old uninitialized pointer problem, or
memory leakage or some-such.

Those files are still available now.