[CentOS] Best way to take snapshots of iSCSI devices using Open-iSCSI + CentOS
santi at usansolo.net
Thu Dec 4 16:02:46 UTC 2008
I want to take snapshots of a iSCSI devices from a target that hasn't
snapshot/cloning capabilities (it's a Infortrend A16E storage array).
What method are you using to make snapshots/clones of iSCSI targets
using Open-iSCSI + CentOS? What about using Open-iSCSI + LVM snapshots
system? For example:
- Take a LVM snapshot in the initiator with "lvcreate".
- Give read-only access to the backup server, for the same LUN/volume.
- In the backup server, mount in read-only mode this snapshot.
- Take a backup of this snapshot, using dd/tar/rsync for example.
- Unmount the snapshot in the backup server.
- Remove this snapshot from the host with "lvremove".
Is there any soft to make this? thanks! NOTE: It's a must, that device
snapshots must be in other device.. not in the same target.
More information about the CentOS