[CentOS] New to Centos and have question about updating packages

Darrell Betts

betts at norden1.com
Sun Dec 7 17:17:14 UTC 2008

I have been using Freebsd for along time. I have a client of mine that
wants me to use Centos for his email server and web server. Anyway
with Freebsd to update the packages file you use the following commands.
portsnap fetch fetches all the current port trees
portsnap update adds all the new ports to the tree on the server
portupgrade -arR will install all the ports that are installed on the
server.
  Now my question is what are the commands for Centos to fetch ,update
and install, all the packages installed on the server. I would like to
use Yum. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Darrell Betts
betts at norden1.com
Looks like I Picked the Wrong Week to Stop Sniffing Glue.
-- Steve McCroskey --

Live ATC Feed from Toledo Express Airport http://audio.liveatc.net:8012/ktol.m3u