[CentOS] Dlink DGE-530T on CentOS 4.7

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 21:13:47 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Stephen Harris <lists at spuddy.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 07, 2008 at 12:57:05PM -0800, Akemi Yagi wrote:
>
>> I was just about to suggest the same thing when I saw this reply.  The
>> OP is running CentOS-4, so this link may be relevant:
>>
>> http://atrpms.net/dist/el4/sk98lin/
>>
>> If their driver works, set up the atrpms repository on the system so
>> that the driver update takes place automatically.
>
> Won't I have an issue, though, were the new kernel might be available before
> the ATrpms module is updated?  I was hoping for some sort of dkms solution.
>
> Otherwise I can always just recompile the module myself if there's no
> automatic version solution available.

Right, the solution will then be either dkms or kernel
version-independent kmod.  While CentOS does not provide either, the
dkms version might become available if you ask dag  :-D  Try the
rpmforge mailing list.  If you'd rather go for the kmod way, Alan
Bartlett has been offering kABI-tracking kmods for several NIC drivers
here:

http://centos.toracat.org/ajb/

I'm quite certain he will be happy to build one for sk98lin.

Akemi / toracat