[CentOS] Adobe plugin for firefox

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Tue Dec 9 20:49:38 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 15:01 -0500, Bo Lynch wrote:
> I'm having an issue with workstation opening pdf's with firefox. I have
> the adobe plugin installed and enabled in firefox but firefox will only
> let me save the file. Under applications I have tried using the doc reader
> and adobe to associate pdf's with firefox with no luck. I am running
> firefox 3.0.4. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you

I've just been mucking about with this stuff. If you'll provide more
information, maybe I can help. Many folks ignore requests with no
substantive information because it wasts so much time trying to get the
information needed.

For me, if you use rpm -q<splat whatever else you want> to list the
adobe plugin file installed, that would be a start.

Under ~/.mozilla are one or more files named pluginreg.dat. Their
contents would be useful. The find command will help you locate them. If
you have multiple "default" directories there, which one is your active
one? Just get information from that one.

If you have edited your preferences, list the settings for those that
may be related: what do you have for download actions, under
tools->add-ons->plugins tab, what is shown their. Anything else that may
be useful and related.

--
Bill