[CentOS] Wine on Centos 5.2 - "X Development Files"

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Dec 9 21:18:45 UTC 2008

on 12-9-2008 12:32 PM dnk spake the following:
> Hi there,
> I am currently compiling wine (latest) on centos 5.2. My compiler had
> error'd out with "X development files not found". Now I had done a yum
> groupinstall "X Windows System" without any luck. I just don't want to
> have to install anything on top of what I need to.
> So what packages compose the "X development files"?
Try a "yum grouplist".
It will show you "X Software Development" as a group.
Then you can yum groupinstall "X Software Development".

You could probably even yum groupremove "X Software Development" afterwards if
you want.

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and
you notice quickly if they don't!!!!