[CentOS] nfs slow?

Davide Cittaro

davide.cittaro at ifom-ieo-campus.it
Wed Dec 10 19:07:08 UTC 2008

Hi all, I'm migrating from Gentoo to CentOS... I'm experiencing a
rather low performance in NFS r/w (as client).
NFS server is solaris (which exports zfs volumes via nfs). The very
same exports were mounted with the same parameters (auto,nosuid,exec)
on gentoo and centos server (bot x86_64)... It happens that centos is
5-10 times slower either in read and write operations... Ok, I'll try
to tune rsize and wsize, but does anybody have an hint on this low
performance?

Thanks

Davide Cittaro
davide.cittaro at ifom-ieo-campus.it