[CentOS] sendmail Deferred mail - reason unknown

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 23:57:06 UTC 2008

Bob Hoffman wrote:
>> It's not a big webmail provider, just a smaller company.  I
>> suspect it might have to do with the large attachments, or
>> their mail servers getting overloaded.
> I really wish they would come up with a few things..
> 1- A real all in one really well programmed email system for linux and
> windows. Something highly customizable and does
> sending/receive/pop/transfer/etc without all the nightmares.
> Not having a degree in all the mail programs makes it hard to not make
> mistakes the more stuff you try to do.

Look at SME server from http://www.contribs.org.  Answer a few questions
during the install, add users with a simple web form, and it works.  It
has webmail too.

> 2- As part of that, finally do away with the whole apache at myserver thing for
> web apps. Along with a nice way for php and asp to access it safely instead
> of having to use smtp via some OOP thingee.

SME server has some of that too - and there are an assortment of
contributed add-ins.   However the extent that it is already customized
makes it harder to make your own local changes if you do need any.

    Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com