[CentOS] Yum messages: /usr/lib/liblzo.so.1 is not a symbolic link

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Tue Dec 16 23:25:22 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-16 at 17:51 -0500, William L. Maltby wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-12-16 at 15:46 -0500, Filipe Brandenburger wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> ><snip>

> I'm going to test that lzo install since it won't directly affect
> anything else.

Did a yum erase of lzo (which also takes out mplayer\* - not a critical
application for me). Yummed in lzo and got exactly what you predicted.

# ls -l `locate liblzo`
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root \
    15 Dec 16 18:11 /usr/lib/liblzo.so.1 -> liblzo.so.1.0.0
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 404506 Nov  4 02:39 /usr/lib/liblzo.so.1.0.0

Yummed in mplayer and checked again. All OK. An rpm verify on lzo and
mplayer was good too. Note the 11/4 date on liblzo. That leads me to
conclude that neither another package nor my manual machinations were
the cause (ignoring, conveniently, other possible ill-advised activities
I may have undertaken and subsequently forgotten!?  8-O  ) of this
problem.

> <snip>

I think now the thing I should do is try a general rpm --verify and see
what happens.

--
Bill