[CentOS] Firefox 3.0.4 and Adobe Flash (CentOS 5 (32bit))

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Thu Dec 18 01:11:53 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 18:03 -0500, Lanny Marcus wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 7:47 PM, Dag Wieers <dag at centos.org> wrote:
> <snip>
> > Try running:
> >        /usr/lib/flash-plugin/setup
> > and then stop and start firefox. That should fix your problem.
>
> <snip>

> it, Sunday, and it was supposedly OK. Dell wants about US$237 for a
> new motherboard, delivered to our house. I think I will wait, until I
> can buy a very low end box, without a monitor, and everything will
> have a guarantee. I am going to fix up our backup IPCop
> Router/Firewall box and  use that one, in the meantime. Slow, but it
> should work....

My backup box is an old 200MHz Pentium w/96MB. Maybe there is a local
dealer or private party that has a good old one you can pick up $Cheap.

When I'm using the old backup with IPCop, I see no performance
difference. Should suit your needs if only IPCop is the purpose. And
maybe the seller would let you try it first.

--
Bill