[CentOS] Rebuild xorg (continued from Centos-devel)

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Mon Dec 22 00:11:44 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-22 at 00:33 +0100, Matej Cepl wrote:
> On 2008-12-21, 22:38 GMT, William L. Maltby wrote:
> > Note that I changed "vesa" to "vga" since the card mentions
> > only vga.
>
> Forget about VGA, it is really obsolete now -- all graphic cards
> you are likely to encounter in the wild are VESA-compatible,
> which is what you want.

Yep. But not knowing why it's not working, I figure (based on
experience) start with the lowest common denominator (so to speak) and
work up from there.

He had tried vesa in a parameter to system-config-display, as suggested
by Alan, and it hadn't worked. So I figured try something that _ought_
to work on stuff even 10 years old (or older) and go from there.

I have high hopes that the BIOS settings might be the key.

--
Bill