[CentOS] tripwire on centos 5

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Tue Dec 23 22:57:09 UTC 2008

Am 23.12.2008 um 23:20 schrieb Jim Perrin:

> On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Mariusz <settlerk at atp-czesci.pl>
> wrote:
>> Does anybody use tripwire on centos 5? Has anybody checked that:
>> http://www.linickx.com/archives/281/tripwire-2411-rpm-for-centos-redhat-rhel-4
>>  on
>> centos5?
>
> I usually hate giving advice for B when folks ask for A, however aide
> provides much the same functionality as tripwire, and is built into
> centos5 by default.

Maybe if you only have one server ;-)

OK, so there's integration in prelude - but the console for that also
costs money...though not as much as a Tripwire-console (don't know
their current pricing, but I'm not sure if they shaved a zero from
their prices since I looked last time).

Tripwire is very expensive - it is not easy finding a budget for it...

Rainer