[CentOS] Security advice, please

Thu Dec 25 11:12:19 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 12:43 PM, Bill Campbell <centos at celestial.com> wrote:
<snip>
>>Hi Warren, Nice explanation.  I would like to ask what you
>>recommend people do if they want to be able to ssh in from
>>anywhere on the internet. Say they are going to be traveling and
>>they know they will have to login from machines they have no
>>control over, like an internet cafe or a Hotel's business
>>services suite?
<snip>
I again offer you my "solution", which is to take with me "Live CDs"
for CentOS 5.2 and Knoppix. I reboot the box in an Internet cafe, from
a Live CD, do what I need/want to do, and when I am done, I remove the
Live CD and reboot the public box again. I have not installed anything
on their box and I am much safer, surfing, etc., on a public box.