[CentOS] saslauthd question and sendmail

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Fri Dec 26 13:31:15 UTC 2008

Swilting wrote on Fri, 26 Dec 2008 11:58:05 +0100:

> I have to try to change the option pam present in the file
>
> in plain login
>
> but after impossible to restart

This is wrong. You probably edited MECH=
This sets the method for checking the password not the SASL encryption
method. You probably want to add plain and login to the the allowed SASL
authentication mechanisms. Set this back to what it was before or to
MECH=shadow (this is how it works for me on CentOS 4). Make sure that
/usr/lib/sasl2/Sendmail.conf contains the line
pwcheck_method: pwcheck saslauthd
and check that a helo contains this line:
250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN
(how to do this is shown on Claus' page under "Initial test").

> ps:Excuse my bad English I am French

There is a French list and you should use that if your MTA still doesn't
SMTP AUTH now. You will probably need to edit your sendmail.mc file. Add
the ehlo output from above to your explanation there, and your CentOS
version.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany