[CentOS] yum install audacity --enablerepo=*\rpmforge Error in Dependency Resolution

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 21:14:03 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 12:35 PM, JohnS <jses27 at gmail.com> wrote:

> And this is the same way you done this?
>
> johnStanley

I used the method described in the forum to install audacity-nonfree
(except that for the 32 bit version, there were a couple of libraries
I needed to add - libsample<something> and its -devel, which are yum
installable from the base).

I was using audacity to normalize a slew of mp3s I'd downloaded so
they wouldnt be so dynamically different from others in the same
playlist.  I've never tried to use it to convert a MIDI file to an
MP3, but if it can read and play the MIDI file, it will allow you to
export it to WAV, MP3, OGG or <I forget> format.

BTW, the audacity-nonfree is free, but it includes the LAME encoder
for MP# exports, which the base audacity did/does _not_ include.

Here are the libraries I installed on my 32-bit work desktop (YMMV):

compat-wxGTK26-2.6.4-2.el5.ccrma
libsamplerate-devel-0.1.2-1.2.el5.rf
libsamplerate-0.1.2-1.2.el5.rf
audacity-nonfree-1.3.2-0.4.beta.lvn6