[CentOS] 2 internet connections and one for backup

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 21:20:49 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 1:18 PM, MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com> wrote:

> It also does not hurt at least to try to be polite about it.  Rude, or
> even flat (i.e., those open to interpretation as rude), comments don't
> help.  Trust me on this one - I know (perhaps you've seen this from
> me?), and I've been posting on mailing lists, discussion groups,
> newsgroups and such since 1979 or so.  I've flamed and been flamed,
> been rude and been polite.  Polite works.
>
> Now, can we put this OT tangent to bed?
>
> Thanks.

PS (yeah, yeah, I know) especially to Mr. Vandaman:  I've noticed that
a lot of your postings are fairly concise, or one might say clipped.
I gather that this is how you post, and this is not a criticism, just
an observation: most people, especially us annoying colonists,
perceive clipped as being rude, even if it is not intended to be.  An
extra word or two to soften the blow can often help.

mhr