[CentOS] C5: prevent loading of AHCI in favor of "fakeraid" megaide
tr.ml at gmx.de
Sun Dec 28 10:45:51 UTC 2008
I'm trying to install an old fujitsu siemens econel 50 server.
It uses an Intel chipset with ICH6R sata subsystem known as fakeraid.
I have configured a Raid 1 with two 160GB hds.
FS and Intel both provide a driver called megaide on a driver disk to
use fakeraid and here is the problem:
- The readme tells me to install with the "nostorage" kernel option and
I can load the megaide driver with the driver disk.
- in anaconda I only see one disk sda - exactly what I want.
- after installation when booting the 92.el5 kernel obviously the ahci
driver is used not the megaide, LVM complains about identical PVs on sda
and sdb and I can unload megaide while running the server
- so megaide is not used upon reboot but ahci
- megaide is inside the initrd but - probably because ahci loads first -
How can I prevent the ahci driver to load after installation?
PS: I know the pros and cons of fakeraid - I want to use it. Plz no
discussion about this.
More information about the CentOS