[CentOS] yum cannot find bittorent rpm at dag

James B. Byrne

byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Mon Dec 29 18:44:56 UTC 2008

I am trying to get the x86_64 isos of CentOS-5.2. I wish to use
bittorrent.  The last time that I did this I required the bittorent
package from Dag's repository.  I have configured
/etc/yum.repos.d/DagWieers.repo thus:

[dag]
name=Dag Wieers RPM Repository for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
#Also see URL http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/
baseurl=http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el$releasever/en/$basearch/dag
gpgcheck=1
# This repo often does not respond in a timely fashion so turned off
# by default.  Use yum --enablerepo=dag to use.
enabled=0
gpgkey=http://dag.wieers.com/packages/RPM-GPG-KEY.dag.txt
includepkgs=bittorrent* perl*
# priority requires yum-priorities. Must also be enabled in /etc/yum.conf
# and /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/priorities.conf.
priority=20

Then I run yum thus:

# yum --enablerepo=dag whatprovides bittorent

But yum cannot find bittorrent.

 * epel: mirror.unl.edu
 * dag: apt.sw.be
 * base: centos.mirror.iweb.ca
 * updates: centos.mirror.iweb.ca
 * addons: centos.mirror.iweb.ca
 * extras: centos.mirror.iweb.ca
Reducing Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 5 - x86_64 to included
packages only
Finished
Reducing Dag Wieers RPM Repository for Red Hat Enterprise Linux to
included packages only
Finished
No Matches found

What am I doing wrong?