[CentOS] xorg-x11-drv-nouveau for CentOS?

John jses27 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 17:05:24 UTC 2008

And the one the OP describes as Noveau isn't a problem?? They don't even
know if the after the driver is compiled and installed from SOURCE if it
WILL WORK! I be "Expletive" if I would put on on a test machine. Your aware
I guess bad code can kill a piece of hardware?

> 2. They could be discontinued by nvidia at any time.

For that fact the same goes for any Open Source Project there is. It could
be here today and gone tomorrow so what's the point in that???

> 3. They add another unnecessary "layer of complexity" to an
> already complex
> system.

That depends on what one calls Complex??? Stable desktop Nvidia or the dkms
versions.

> There's the first three issues that I can think of -- I'm
> sure there are more
> but that should be enough to get you started.

It doesn't get me started good yet it's early...

JohnStanley