[CentOS] 5.2 driver for Marvell Yukon 88E8042 PCI-E Fast Ethernet controller

Kurt Hansen

khansen at charityweb.net
Wed Dec 10 13:30:25 UTC 2008

HI,

Joseph L. Casale wrote:
>> I can't find a Linux driver for it except one that appears to require me
>> to recompile a custom kernel. I find it on the Marvell website:
>>
>> http://www.marvell.com/drivers/search.do
>>

> No, you make a module with that downlaod. I also have the unfortunate luck
> to have a few systems with various Marvell nics and they aren't as good as
> Intel IMHO.
>
> It's pretty simple, check the readme out.

Thanks!

I had tried that and got an error when the install.sh tried to test the
module it built. It then gave me instructions for doing it manually;
those instructions were for compiling the driver into the kernel, I believe.

Maybe the module was fine and just the testing procedure was off.

In any case, the sk98lin mentioned later in this thread worked.

Take care,

Kurt